do you still want to continue smoking? ...
. . .think again..
According to recent studies, every year hundreds of thousands of people all over the globe die from medical complications caused by smoking. Aside from the stench it leaves on one's clothes, breath, and hair, it also has other complications. Here are some of the different effects of smoking:
Immediate effects upon smoking a cigarette stick:
- Raises a person's blood pressure and heart rate.
- Decreases a person's blood flow to body extremities like the fingers and toes.
- The brain and the nervous system is stimulated for a short time and then reduced.
- Watery eyes.
- Hyper acidity.
- Weakened sense of taste and smell.
- Loss of appetite.
- Shortness of breath.
- Chronic coughing.
- Reduced overall fitness.
- Yellowish stain on the smoker's fingers and teeth.
- Smokers experience more coughs and colds as compared to non-smokers.
- Difficulty recovering from minor illnesses.
- Impotence for men, infertility for women.
- Facial wrinkles appear at an early age, making them look older than non-smokers of the same age.